Saturday, February 27, 2010

not much of a start...

wow - worst start to a blog ever... talk about setting the bar really low - at this rate I'm avaeraging one post per month... totally unacceptable! i promise that from this moment on - i will average at least two posts per month... baby steps! :)

Seriously though, it's been a very busy month & I can't believe it's nearly March already... well, before we get too far into twenty-ten - I wanted to share a few of my favorite projects from 2009:


I made this Advent calendar for one of my co-workers using a few of my favorite products - Scenic Route paper & Marshmallow Glimmer Mist. I was inspired to create this when one day @ the office, my co-worker was lamenting about how her 2 yr. old son was still too young to really understand & experience the holiday season in a meaningful way. She mentioned that they didn’t have any decorations, and I took that opportunity to share that it’s not about the decorations (as much I love them & own nearly enough to require a separate storage area to house them) – but it’s about traditions. Suffice to say, she (& her sone Sinjin) loved their advent calendar and it was a great tool for him to learn about the true meaning of the holiday season.

One last thing to note – I opted to use a brush to apply acrylic paint… thanks to my brilliant friend Erin, if I ever make one of these kinds of projects again, I will absolutely use spray paint instead… I strongly encourage everyone else to adopt that method as well! Gotta love trial & error…

No comments:

Post a Comment